Construction remains one of the most dangerous industries, and construction site injuries in the workplace are all too common. Here in Utica and Cooperstown, we help anyone who has been the victim of such an accident fight for compensation.
If you have suffered a construction workplace injury, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical costs as well as your time lost from work and even disability pay should you be unable to return to work for some time.
What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured In A Construction Site Accident?
If you have been hurt in the workplace, especially in the construction industry, it is vital you follow these steps to improve your chances of recovering damages.
- Seek medical attention immediately. It is important not just that you receive the medical attention you need to treat your injuries, but also that you have them assessed, examined, and documented by a medical professional as quickly as possible to prove they were directly caused by the construction site workplace accident.
- Report your accident and injury to your employer. Note this has to be your actual employer, which will not always be the company running the construction site. Be sure to do so correctly to get the compensation and disability processes going as it is up to them to submit the official reports to OSHA and other authorities.
- Document evidence at the scene. You should take pictures as well as retrieve the contact information of any witnesses to ensure both your injury, the situation which caused it, and the general state of the construction site are all documented for your future claims.
- Contact an experienced construction accident injury lawyer, like us, who will help you make your claim and receive the compensation settlement you deserve.
What Can I Receive Compensation For After A Construction Accident?
Construction injuries vary greatly in severity but can prove temporarily or permanently debilitating. These accidents should never be taken lightly, and the state gives specific rights to those injured to recover significant damages and compensation. Depending on the accident, injury, and level of disability, with the help of effective construction accident lawyers, you could receive compensation for any and all of the following:
- Coverage for medical costs. All the medical expenses related to your workplace injury should be covered, including checkups, medication, surgery, and physical therapy.
- Disability Pay. If you have been rendered unable to work, either temporarily or for an extended or indefinite period of time, you have the right to recover a percentage of your prior pay for the duration of your disability.
- Personal Injury Compensation. If your injury was the result of negligence on behalf of your employer or another company or contractor on the construction site, you may be eligible for additional compensation, including potential non-economic damages.
What Kinds Of Construction Accidents Or Injuries Can We Help You Claim Compensation For?
Construction sites are dangerous at every level of the construction process. From the initial stages with heavy machinery digging out foundations to putting the final finishing touches on a building’s electrical system, the opportunities for injury are numerous.
Here at Hobaica Law Office, we help construction workers, engineers, architects or anyone injured during the construction process receive compensation for any of the following injuries:
- Falls, fractures, and trauma of any kind,
- Crushed or mangled limbs,
- Machinery-related injuries,
- Electrocutions, burns, or chemical exposures,
- Repetitive strain injuries,
- And more…
Any time you are injured and require medical care, or are unable to work for some time due to your injury, you have the right to compensation.
New York Construction Accident Injury Lawyers For Utica and Cooperstown
Construction injury cases require a lot of paperwork and oversight, with multiple companies and agencies involved. You do not want to tackle this process alone, not when everything from your health to your livelihood is riding on the outcome.
Lay the right foundations for your recovery, and contact Hobaica Law Offices if you have been injured in a construction or workplace accident to receive the help, and compensation, you deserve.